What is a Sunroom?
A sunroom is a glass and screen outdoor living room installed on a wood or concrete foundation. It is also referred to as a patio room, solarium, patio enclosure, conservatory, four season room or Florida room. Walls of glass bring in sunlight and protect you from wind, bugs, rain, and chill. Sunrooms should be designed to fit the look and feel of your home. Sunroom additions are a popular means of home improvement. They are an affordable way of adding leisure living space without the hassle and cost of conventional construction.
Most people focus on the extra space a sunroom addition will create, but there are so many more reasons to add a sunroom to your home. Sunroom owners across the country are surprised by how often they find themselves spending time in their sunroom.
Adding a sunroom
- Can greatly enhance the look and curb appeal of your home
- Adds elegance that a simple home addition cannot
- Is a cost effective way to add square footage
- Increases the usable space in your home
- Adds value to your home
- Saves energy, compared to a traditional room addition, because it uses natural light
- Provides emotional benefits of sun light and fresh air
- Is a perfect place for plants
- Gives the children or grandchildren (or Mom and Dad) a playroom of their own
- Will make you wonder how you ever lived without it
Get a FREE In-Home